- Prefer SmartForms over HTML content - SmartForms provide a structured representation of your content allowing for greater control, and options for content re-use.
- PageBuilder - The presentation recommends leveraging PageBuilder. My own experiences with PageBuilder have been mixed, but then again I am working with 8.0 and not version 8.5
- Create an abstraction layer of Ektron - A key point in any application, but most definitively within Ektron. An abstraction layer to avoid directly calling the Ektron assemblies.
- Have a caching strategy
- Logging - The presentation recommends using the integrated Microsoft Enterprise Library logging that is already used within Ekton CMS.
- Configuration - The presentation points out that the Ektron configuration, and your custom configuration should be separated into different configuration files.
Best Practices for Developing Your First Ektron Site