- Open SharePoint Central Administration, select Application Management
- On the Application Management page, click Create or configure this farm’s shared services.
- On the Manage this Farms Shared Services page, click the SSP to reset.
- Select Search settings in the Search section.
- On the Configure Search Settings page, click Reset all crawled content in the Crawl Settings section
- By default, the Deactivate search alerts during reset check box is selected on the Reset Crawled Content page. This option prevents users who have search alerts configured from being sent unnecessary e-mail messages when the crawled content is reset. Click to clear this check box if you do not want to disable alerts during the reset operation.
- Click Reset Now.
- In the message box, click OK to confirm that you want to reset the search content index.
"Error The content index is corrupt. Unable to connect ..."
MOSS Search. Error The content index is corrupt. Unable to connect to the Search Service